Assistant Director and Lead Coach
We are looking for a talented, organized, self-motivated, business-driven personality who wants to grow with us as we expand into new locations in the Triangle area. Experience tutoring SAT/ACT prep is preferred but not required. Extensive training in test prep methodologies will be provided. The ideal candidate will be capable of tutoring Reading, Writing, and Math at the high-school level. We offer valuable personal and professional training and growth opportunities in every aspect of an education-related service business: operations management, sales, marketing, and customer relationships. We are offering a long term career opportunity to grow with the company.
The Assistant Director ’s responsibilities will be a blend of administrative duties and tutoring obligations. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing the center’s daily operations
- Private tutoring and teaching group workshops
- Communicating program details to prospective clients and managing the intake of new students
- Overseeing scheduling and managing the calendar
- Marketing to schools and surrounding community
- Recruiting and screening new tutors
- Assisting in training new staff
- Overseeing the progress of our current students
- Helping develop and revise curriculum, and maintain academic content
- Maintaining high-quality customer service
- Establish and maintain relationships with teachers, educational specialists and other school administrators and parent/teacher organizations
- Meeting operational, marketing, and revenue goals
What do we require from you?
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A degree related to education is preferred but not required
- At least 2 years of experience tutoring or teaching at the high-school level
- Proficiency in teaching writing skills, reading comprehension, Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- The ability to influence and build relationships
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work evening hours and weekends
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other standard business applications
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with instructional technology and tablet computers preferred
- Knowledge of current education trends preferred
- A passion for helping students reach their goals and a dynamic teaching style
- Record of strong standardized testing and academic performance
- Ability to pass a screening test that covers relevant subject matter
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- 60-90 Day Training / Probationary Pay is hourly
- Total Compensation Package after training period $35-40k
- Bonus opportunities based on meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Health Benefits Compensation
- Established and Growing Company
- Healthy work / life balance with the opportunity for at-home work days dependent upon the demands of the season
- Rewarding job to help students and families find success
Please email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be asked to provide college transcript, SAT and/or ACT scores, proof of degree, and references.
SAT & ACT Tutoring Positions
We are always looking for enthusiastic and dynamic educators to conduct private SAT and ACT lessons to high school students in our two local centers and in students’ homes in Raleigh and Cary.
- 2 years minimum teaching or tutoring experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in progress.
- Record of strong standardized test-taking and academic performance
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- A passion for helping students reach their goals
- Expertise teaching or tutoring either high-school level English and/or high-school level mathematics through Algebra 2
- Reliable transportation
- Available afternoons and evenings on weekdays and at least one weekend day, with up to 13 hrs/week of availability
- Experience tutoring test preparation and knowledge of the college application process is preferred but not required
- Successful completion of a screening test and 4-6 week training period
- ability to pass a criminal background check
- college transcript and most recent SAT, ACT or GRE scores.
- ability to make at least a year commitment to provide consistency for our students and minimize disruptions to their learning
Email your resume and cover letter to our administrative assistant, Cherie Warren, at email@example.com. The resume should prioritize relevant work experience. The cover letter should include the reasons for your interest in teaching SAT and ACT, how your experience has prepared you to tutor these tests, and any other information that would help us better understand how your skills and experience apply to this position.