Will I be reminded of my child’s lesson?
Parents and students will receive an email reminder 30-24 hours in advance of the next scheduled lesson, reminding you of the lesson time, tutor, and location. The deadline for on-time cancellations is 6 pm the day before the lesson. If a cancellation is received after the 6 pm deadline, a $30 cancellation fee is charged.
What if I have a conflict and need to reschedule?
We work hard to schedule students into a time slot that will work each week for the sake of consistency. We ask that you look ahead through your calendar to identify any conflicts as early as possible and let us know of those conflicts. While we cannot guarantee that there will be an alternative time slot open if your child needs to reschedule, you can contact one of our Directors or your tutor directly to see if there is an alternative time slot open in his/her schedule — just remember the 6 pm cancellation deadline!
How will I be updated about my child’s progress?
Lesson summaries are sent weekly to the email you provided in the registration. Include your child’s email address in his account so your child can also receive emailed lesson summaries and HW reminders. If you have questions about your child’s progress, contact one of our Directors or your child’s tutor directly.
What can I use my online account for?
Parents and student can use their online accounts to view the calendar to see upcoming lessons or request sessions. You can also view lesson summaries and tutor contact information. Once your registration has been processed, you will receive an email to confirm your account and set your password. You can log into your account here:
What is the Cancellation Policy?
- Cancellations must be received by 6 pm the night before the session
- Contact your tutor directly by phone or email to cancel or reschedule.
- $30 cancellation fee will be charged for late cancellations.
What is required for the first session?
- Score reports: log into your child’s SAT, ACT, or SSAT account, and click on “Print” or “Save” to open the report as a PDF. Email or mail the reports to email@example.com or bring a copy to the first session if you have not already done so.
- Payment if paying-as-go or pre-paying for a series of hours
- One of the following prep books is required. Purchase the book only for the test your child is preparing for. Your child will be provided with the company’s study and strategy guides. Additional prep books might be recommended on a case-by-case basis.
- SAT: The Official SAT Study Guide by the College Board for the redesigned SAT
- ACT: The Official ACT Prep Guide
- SSAT: Official Guide to the Upper Level (applying to high school) or Middle Level (applying to middle school)
What are your other recommendations or policies?
- Parents or students are responsible for registering for tests and being aware of registration deadlines.
- Registration information can be found at www.collegeboard.org, www.act.org, and SSAT.org.
- For SAT, sign up for the Question and Answer Service when available.
- For ACT, sign up for the Test Information Release when available.
What are your Rates and Payment Options?
We provide tutoring services at a range of rates in order to provide our families with options to fit every budget. There are four rate levels: Staff, Lead Staff, Program Director, and Executive Director. Rates are as follows:
Staff: $50/hr; Lead Staff: $60/hr; Program Director (Taylor Garland): $70/hr, and Executive Director (Heather Forgione): $80/hr. You can find more information about our tutors here: http://www.forgionetutoring.com/blog/about-our-tutors/
1.) Pay-as-go by check or cash: payment is due at the time of the session. Checks are to be made payable to Forgione Tutoring and can be turned into the tutor.
2.) Sessions can be pre-paid for a series of 4 sessions. Checks are to be made payable to Forgione Tutoring and can be turned into the tutor.
2.) House Account: at the beginning of each month, last month’s lessons will be charged to the credit card on file, plus a 3% convenience fee.
3.) One-time Credit Card payment (for as-needed instances when payment was not made at time of session): invoices can be paid online by credit card. A 3% convenience fee will be added to the balance.
Overdue Invoices: If an invoice is not paid by the due date, the credit card recorded in your account will be charged the full balance, plus a 3% convenience fee.
Tutors: Click here for Tutor Login