SAT & ACT Tutor, Part-time
We are always looking for enthusiastic and dynamic educators to conduct private SAT and ACT lessons to students in our three locations in the Triangle (North Raleigh, midtown Raleigh, and Cary). This is a part-time, contract position.
- 2 years minimum experience tutoring or teaching at the high school level
- experience tutoring or teaching Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2
- Bachelor’s degree
- Record of strong standardized test-taking and academic performance
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- A passion for helping students reach their goals
- Expertise teaching or tutoring either high-school level English and/or high-school level mathematics through Algebra 2
- Reliable transportation
- comfort with tutoring virtually as needed
- Available at least 2 weekday afternoons/evenings and 5 hours on at least one weekend day. Up to 13 hrs/week of availability required.
- Experience tutoring test preparation and knowledge of the college application process is preferred but not required
- Successful completion of a screening test and 6-8 week training period
- ability to pass a criminal background check
- college transcript and most recent SAT, ACT or GRE scores.
- ability to make at least a year commitment to provide consistency for our students and minimize disruptions to their learning
- $30/hr for those with a Bachelor’s degree
- $35/hr for those with significant test prep experience
Email your resume and cover letter to our Administrative Assistant, Cherie Warren, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The resume should prioritize relevant work experience. The cover letter should include the reasons for your interest in teaching SAT and ACT, how your experience has prepared you to tutor these tests, and any other information that would help us better understand how your skills and experience apply to this position.