Forgione Tutoring is hiring for two positions:
1.) Full-time Assistant Director and Tutor at our Midtown Raleigh and North Raleigh office
2.) Part-time tutor in any of our three tutoring locations
Full-time Assistant Director and Test Prep tutor
We are looking for a talented, organized, and business-driven educator to help manage our two Raleigh locations and provide private coaching in a variety of academic subjects, including SAT and ACT preparation. Extensive training in SAT/ACT prep methodologies will be provided. Experience teaching or tutoring High School Math is preferred but we will consider candidates who are only capable of tutoring the Reading and Writing sections. A candidate that has experience working with learning-disabled students (dyslexia, math disabilities, processing disorders, attention deficit disorders, etc.) is desirable.
We offer valuable personal and professional training and growth opportunities in every aspect of an education-related service business: operations management, sales, and customer relationships. We are offering a long-term career opportunity to grow with the company. Responsibilities involve a blend of administrative duties, curriculum building, and tutoring obligations. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assist with operations in our midtown Raleigh and North Raleigh offices and with supporting and managing operations at our Cary location, when needed.
· Tutor private sessions and teach semi-private lessons and group workshops (50% of the time) mainly for SAT and ACT preparation.
· Help develop and revise curriculum, and maintain academic content, especially related to Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry as tested on SAT and ACT, as well as our Writing Curriculum.
· Communicate program details to prospective clients
· Assist with scheduling and managing the calendar
· Market our services to schools and surrounding community
· Social Media Management
· Assist in training new staff
· Oversee the progress of our current students
· Administer and score student tests
· Maintain high-quality customer service
· Establish and maintain relationships with teachers, educational specialists and other school administrators and parent/teacher organizations
What do we require from you:
· A Bachelor’s degree
· A degree related to education and/or Math and Science is preferred but not required
· At least 2 years of experience tutoring or teaching at the high-school level is preferred
· Proficiency in teaching Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 preferred
· Proficiency in teaching writing skills and reading comprehension preferred
· Excellent verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check
· The ability to influence and build relationships with teenage students
· Effective problem-solving skills
· Ability to work approximately 12pm-8pm on weekdays and Sundays from 8:45am to 5pm
· Experience using Microsoft Office and other standard business applications
· Knowledge of current education trends preferred
· A passion for helping students reach their goals and a dynamic teaching style
· Record of strong standardized testing and academic performance
· Ability to pass a screening test that covers relevant subject matter
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· 30 Day Training / Probationary Pay is hourly
· Compensation after training period is completed is $45k to $50K yearly and potential for salary growth after one year of employment.
· Paid Time Off
· Established and Growing Company
· Rewarding job to help students and families find success
SAT & ACT Tutor, Part-time
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic educators to conduct private SAT and ACT lessons to students in our three locations in the Triangle (North Raleigh, midtown Raleigh, and Cary). This is a part-time, contract position.
- 2 years minimum experience tutoring or teaching at the high school level
- experience tutoring or teaching Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2
- Bachelor’s degree
- Record of strong standardized test-taking and academic performance
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- A passion for helping students reach their goals
- Expertise teaching or tutoring either high-school level English and/or high-school level mathematics through Algebra 2
- Reliable transportation
- comfort with tutoring virtually as needed
- Available at least 2 weekday afternoons/evenings and 5 hours on at least one weekend day. Up to 13 hrs/week of availability required.
- Experience tutoring test preparation and knowledge of the college application process is preferred but not required
- Successful completion of a screening test and 6-8 week training period
- ability to pass a criminal background check
- college transcript and most recent SAT, ACT or GRE scores.
- ability to make at least a year commitment to provide consistency for our students and minimize disruptions to their learning
- pay rate depends on degree status, previous test prep experience, and previous teaching/tutoring experience.
Email your resume and cover letter to our Administrative Assistant, Cherie Warren, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The resume should prioritize relevant work experience. The cover letter should include the reasons for your interest in teaching SAT and ACT, how your experience has prepared you to tutor these tests, and any other information that would help us better understand how your skills and experience apply to this position.