We have part-time and full-time, salaried positions open.
SAT & ACT Tutor, Part-time
We are always looking for enthusiastic and dynamic educators to conduct private SAT and ACT lessons to students in one of our three locations in the Triangle. This is a part-time, contract position.
- 2 years minimum experience tutoring or teaching at the high school level
- experience tutoring or teaching Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2
- Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in progress
- Record of strong standardized test-taking and academic performance
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- A passion for helping students reach their goals
- Expertise teaching or tutoring either high-school level English and/or high-school level mathematics through Algebra 2
- Reliable transportation
- Available at least 2 weekday afternoons/evenings and 5 hours on at least one weekend day. Up to 13 hrs/week of availability required.
- Experience tutoring test preparation and knowledge of the college application process is preferred but not required
- Successful completion of a screening test and 6-8 week training period
- ability to pass a criminal background check
- college transcript and most recent SAT, ACT or GRE scores.
- ability to make at least a year commitment to provide consistency for our students and minimize disruptions to their learning
- $25/hr for those pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- $30/hr for those with a Bachelor’s degree
- $35/hr for those with a Master’s Degree
Email your resume and cover letter to our Administrative Assistant, Cherie Warren, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The resume should prioritize relevant work experience. The cover letter should include the reasons for your interest in teaching SAT and ACT, how your experience has prepared you to tutor these tests, and any other information that would help us better understand how your skills and experience apply to this position.
Full-time SAT/ACT Tutor and Assistant Program Director
Forgione Tutoring is a locally-owned tutoring company with three locations in the Triangle area. We are looking for a talented, organized, self-motivated, business-driven personality who wants to grow with us. Extensive training in SAT/ACT prep methodologies will be provided, but the candidate must be capable of tutoring Math at the high-school level. Experience teaching or tutoring Reading and Writing in addition to math is preferred. A candidate that has experience working with Learning Disabled students (dyslexia, math disabilities, processing disorders, attention deficit disorders, etc.) is highly desirable.
We offer valuable personal and professional training and growth opportunities in every aspect of an education-related service business: operations management, sales, marketing, and customer relationships. We are offering a long-term career opportunity to grow with the company.
Job responsibilities will be a blend of administrative duties, curriculum building, and tutoring obligations. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Managing the North Raleigh center’s daily operations and assisting with managing operations at our other locations
· Private tutoring and teaching semi-private lessons and group workshops (50% of the time) mainly in our North Raleigh office, with a few days in our midtown Raleigh office.
· Helping develop and revise curriculum, and maintain academic content especially Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry material as tested on SAT and ACT
· Communicating program details to prospective clients
· Assisting with scheduling and managing the calendar
· Marketing to schools and surrounding community
· Social Media Management
· Assisting in training new staff
· Overseeing the progress of our current students
· Administering and scoring student tests
· Maintaining high-quality customer service
· Establish and maintain relationships with teachers, educational specialists and other school administrators and parent/teacher organizations
· Meeting operational and marketing goals
What do we require from you?
· A Bachelor’s degree
· A degree related to education and/or Math is preferred but not required
· At least 2 years of experience tutoring or teaching at the high-school level
· Proficiency in teaching Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 required
· Proficiency in teaching writing skills and reading comprehension preferred
· Excellent verbal communication skills and extreme attention to detail
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check
· The ability to influence and build relationships
· Effective problem solving skills
· Ability to work approximately 12pm-8pm on weekdays and Sundays from 8:45am to 5pm
· Experience using Microsoft Office and other standard business applications
· Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) preferred
· Familiarity with instructional technology and tablet computers preferred
· Knowledge of current education trends preferred
· A passion for helping students reach their goals and a dynamic teaching style
· Record of strong standardized testing and academic performance
· Ability to pass a screening test that covers relevant subject matter
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· 30 Day Training / Probationary Pay is hourly
· Total Compensation Package after training period $40k
· Bonus opportunities based on completing curriculum-building projects, marketing, and other project-related tasks.
· Paid Time Off
· Established and Growing Company
· Healthy work / life balance with the opportunity for at-home work days dependent upon the demands of the season
· Rewarding job to help students and families find success
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com stating which position you are applying for.