We have part-time and full-time, salaried positions open.
SAT & ACT Tutoring Positions
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic educators to conduct private SAT and ACT lessons to high school students in our two Raleigh offices. This is a part-time, contract position.
- 2 years minimum experience tutoring or teaching at the high school level
- experience tutoring or teaching Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2
- Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in progress
- Record of strong standardized test-taking and academic performance
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- A passion for helping students reach their goals
- Expertise teaching or tutoring either high-school level English and/or high-school level mathematics through Algebra 2
- Reliable transportation
- Available at least 2 weekday afternoons/evenings and 5 hours on at least one weekend day. Up to 13 hrs/week of availability required.
- Experience tutoring test preparation and knowledge of the college application process is preferred but not required
- Successful completion of a screening test and 6-8 week training period
- ability to pass a criminal background check
- college transcript and most recent SAT, ACT or GRE scores.
- ability to make at least a year commitment to provide consistency for our students and minimize disruptions to their learning
- $25/hr for those pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- $30/hr for those with a Bachelor’s degree
- $35/hr for those with a Master’s Degree
Email your resume and cover letter to our Administrative Assistant, Cherie Warren, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The resume should prioritize relevant work experience. The cover letter should include the reasons for your interest in teaching SAT and ACT, how your experience has prepared you to tutor these tests, and any other information that would help us better understand how your skills and experience apply to this position.
Program Director, Cary
We are looking for a talented, organized, self-motivated, and business-driven educator. Experience tutoring SAT/ACT prep is preferred but not required. Experience teaching or tutoring at the high school level is a must. Extensive training in test prep methodologies will be provided. The ideal candidate will be capable of tutoring Reading, Writing, and Math at the high-school level. We offer valuable personal and professional training and growth opportunities in every aspect of an education-related service business: operations management, sales, marketing, and customer relationships. We are offering a long-term career opportunity to grow with the company.
Cary Program Director’s responsibilities will be a blend of administrative duties and tutoring obligations. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with managing daily operations mainly at our Cary center
- Tutoring SAT/ACT/SSAT and teaching group workshops
- Communicating program details to prospective clients
- Managing the intake of new students
- Overseeing scheduling and managing the calendar
- Marketing to schools and surrounding community
- Training new tutors
- Overseeing the progress of our current students
- Helping develop and revise math curriculum and maintain academic content, especially Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 material
- Develop our virtual tutoring program
- Administering and scoring student tests
- Maintaining high-quality customer service
- Establish and maintain relationships with teachers, educational specialists and other school administrators and parent/teacher organizations
- Meeting operational, marketing, and revenue goals
What do we require from you?
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A degree related to education and/or Math is preferred but not required
- At least 2 years of experience tutoring or teaching at the high-school level
- Proficiency in teaching writing skills, reading comprehension, Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- The ability to influence and build relationships and manage a team
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to consistently work afternoon and evening hours and Sundays.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other standard business applications
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with instructional technology and tablet computers preferred
- Knowledge of current education trends preferred
- A passion for helping students reach their goals and a dynamic teaching style
- Record of strong standardized testing and academic performance
- Ability to pass a screening test that covers relevant subject matter
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salaried, full-time position
- 30-Day Training / Probationary Pay is hourly
- Total Compensation Package after training period $40-44k
- 40 hour work week: Sundays 9 am – 6 pm; Mon-Thurs approx. 12-8 or 8:30 pm
- Bonus opportunities based on meeting and exceeding revenue goals after one year of employment
- Established and Growing Company
- Rewarding job to help students and families find success
Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. Applicants will be asked to provide college transcript, SAT and/or ACT scores, proof of degree, and references.