We provide customized private tutoring in SAT and ACT Prep, Math, English/Language Arts, Science, and more. Tutoring services are offered at three locations in Raleigh and Cary and virtually.
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- Math 1-4
- Advanced Functions and Modeling
- AP Statistics
- AP Calculus
- Middle school math
English & Grammar Tutoring
- English Literature and Language, including AP
- Writing and Grammar
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary building and Latin and Greek prefixes and roots
- Biology, AP Biology
- Chemistry, AP Chemistry
- Physics, AP Physics
- AP Environmental Science
- World History, AP World History
- US History, AP US History
- AP Euro History
- AP Economics and Govt.
- Study skills
- Note-taking skills
College Application Essays
Writing an application essay can be daunting. Many students wonder, “What do I write about?” or “How do I show my positive qualities?” Heather Forgione has 20 years experience coaching students with writing application essays and has helped many students apply to top-tier schools. Creating an essay you will be proud of and colleges will enjoy can be a fun and rewarding process. This process includes:
- Advance planning and brainstorming to ensure that the topic chosen highlights a quality or experience of the student that the reader cannot readily see from the rest of the application
- Writing essays that will answer multiple essay questions, limiting your workload
- Multiple revisions for content and edits for grammar
- Assistance with staying on task and meeting deadlines
1-on-1 Application Essay Assistance
Individualized college application essay help can be scheduled with a variety of tutors in different locations and via Zoom. We help you brainstorm ideas, narrow down potential topics, and organize and edit rough drafts. These sessions range from $60-$70/hr with our Writing coaches. Sessions with Heather are $90/hr.
College Application Essay Workshops (Summers only)
Our essay writing workshops are 2-day small group workshops offered each summer aimed at helping students start one essay for the Common Application. Each class is limited to 5 participants. The class will cover the characteristics of successful application essay writing, do an inventory of the students’ experiences to brainstorm ideas, review the different Common App Essay prompts, and select 1-2 prompts to begin exploring and writing for day 2. A rough draft will be produced by the end of the workshop. Workshop dates and times are announced in March.